On our costuming blog, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us.
There are certain aspects of our custom knitting business which inherently require that we collect certain bits of personal information in order to fill an order.
For shipping purposes, we need:
- First and Last Name
- Shipping Address in English (we cannot decipher all foreign alphabets)
- An email address that is checked daily, where our email has been white-listed in your email provider so that we can correspond with the customer.
To complete an order, we may need to contact the customer for a variety of reasons:
- Verify ordering details
- Verify delivery date
- Send any and all email correspondence
Case in point… We recently received an order where the only legible (to us) portion of the order was the name. The rest of the shipping address was written in Hangul. We immediately contacted to customer to correct the issue but never received a reply. While still within the turn around time, the customer filed a complaint for non-shipment. Yet, they never acknowledged receipt of our emails. There is little we can do on our end unless we can communicate with our customers. Our only recourse is to refund the order.
Orders are paid through PayPal:
Please note that we at custom-costume-knits.com DO NOT maintain or see any financial information involved in the payment of custom orders. PayPal send us a payment notification with a transaction ID but it does not contain any financial information. The email contents include:
- A description of the item(s) ordered,
- Total paid plus shipping charges,
- A confirmed shipping address
We’ve implemented Google’s ReCaptcha on the Contact page at custom-costume-knits.com. ReCAPTCHA collects personal information from users to make this determination of whether they’re human and not a bot. It helps with spam.
Like many other Web sites, this blog makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to this blog and other sites on the Internet.
Our advertising partners include …….
- Google Adsense
- Various Topic Related Affiliate Programs
- These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on this blog to send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs.
- We have no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
- You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
- If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
A Special Note About Children
- Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 14) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.